The “HR Strategy for Researchers” is a set of initiatives aimed at the implementation of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for Recruitment (C&C), grouping the EU principles that rule the rights and duties of research institutions/universities and researchers at all stages of their career.
The adoption of a Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), incorporating these principles, allows public or private research institutions to assure a more sustainable career of researchers, according to the EU recommendations, and to be acknowledged as Human Resources Excellence in Research.
In recognition of Unifg commitment to continuously improve its human resources policies in line with the European C&C Principles and to achieve fair and transparent recruitment and appraisal procedures, the European Commission on 10th March 2010 has granted Unifg with the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award.
- Prof. Edgardo Sica, Rector’s Delegate for the HR Strategy
Composition of the HR body
- Dott.ssa Marika Intenza (Economic Area ), nominated to represent the First Stage Researchers (R1),
- Dott. Davide Vaira (area giuridica), nominated to represent the First Stage Researchers (R1),
- Dott.ssa Antonella della Malva (Agricultural Area ) nominated to represent the Recognised Researchers (R2),
- Prof. Roberto Goffredo (Humanistic Area), nominated to represent Established Researchers (R3)
- Prof.ssa Annamaria Petito (Medical – Surgical Area, nominated to represent the Leading Researchers (R4).
- Mrs Laura De Palma, administrative manager of the HR Strategy Unit
- February 2009: a Technical Working Group (TWG) was formed and It was composed of researchers, professors and administrative staff . The TWG have had to draw up a draft proposal of HRS according to the IA results;
- April 2009, the IA, for a wider possible diffusion, was matched with the “research quota 2009” (provided by the institution after the monitoring of each researcher activities) and so diffused to 164 researchers, 93 associated professors and 93 full professors. For early stage researchers (postgraduate students or researchers)
- June – September 2009: a draft proposal of HRS was drawn up according to the data analysis of IA and the recommendations of TWG. In this way, the main gaps were identified and actions were planned to address these issues and a final proposal of HRS was sent to all Departments of Foggia University to receive their approbations or eventual integrations/modifications. On February 2010, the final proposal HRS was approved in Senate;
- March 2010, there was the acknowledgement by European Commission and the use of logo “HR Excellence in Research”;
- August 2012, the European Commission approved the UNIFG's self-assessment and allowed the UNIFG continuing to use of HR logo;
- November 2012, the new version of HR Strategy was discussed and approved in Senate, the HR strategy was updated and approved by the Academic Senate on November 2013 and again on May 2014;
- July 2014, evaluation of HR assessors to confirm the acknowledgement of the title HR (Institute for Excellence in Human Resources Management);
- January 2015, the European Commission, communicated to the University of Foggia the positive outcome of the inspection and so the confirmation of its recognition as Human Resources Excellence in Research and the possibility to continue of using the "HR" logo;
- November 2017, the Academic Senate approved the update HRS4R 2017, integrated and elaborated in accordance with the assessor’ recommendations and the " strengthened HRS4R” entered into force on 1 January 2017, which incorporates the principles of open, transparent and meritorious recruitment of researchers (OTM_R);
- May 2018: the Academic Senate approved the revision of HRS4R 2017, improved in some parts according to the suggestions of the European Commission of March 2018, and the internal review related to the period 2015-2017;
- May 2019: evaluation of HR assessors to confirm the acknowledgement of the title HR (Institute for Excellence in Human Resources Management);
- October 2019 the European Commission, communicated to the University of Foggia the positive outcome of the inspection and so the confirmation of its recognition as Human Resources.
Research Department - Unit HR Strategy
Via Gramsci 89/91 – 71121 Foggia
Phone: 0881 338430
Rector's Delegate for HR Strategy:
Prof. Edgardo Sica
Mrs Laura De Palma